PREPARATIONS BEFORE TAKING PICTURES
Inserting the mercury battery
- The Minolta SR-T 101 uses a 1.35v, button-shape mercury battery for photographic applications (Mallory PX-625, PX-13, Eveready EXP-625, EPX-13 or equivalent).
- To install, remove the battery chamber cover with your thumb by turning it counterclockwise. Place the battery in the chamber with its plus side out and replace the cover.
- Do not touch the battery terminals with moist or dirty hands, as this can cause them to deteriorate and make the battery inoperative.
- Do not discard a mercury battery in a fire or break it up.
- When the camera is not being• used, it is advisable to turn the battery switch on the base of the camera to the “OFF” position.
- If the camera is not to be used for over two weeks, remove the battery and stor it is a dry, cool place.
- Before putting the battery back in the camera, clean both sides of the battery and the contact lead of the battery chamber with dry cloth.
Checking the battery power
The battery checker is designed to check the output of the mercury battery. By taking a few seconds to check battery output before starting each new roll of film, and particularly when using the camera after it has been stored for an extended period of time or a new battery has been inserted, you can avoid poor exposure due to insufficient electric power.
- Turn the battery switch on the base of the camera to the .. B.C.” position.
- If the indicator needle points to the battery check. mark as shown in the picture, the battery can be regarded as functioning properly.
Do not leave switch setting at battery check position as the continuous high battery drain will cause the battery to go “dead” in a few hours.